Levin, J. A., & Kareev, Y. (1980). Personal computers and education: The challenge to schools. University of California, San Diego.
Mehan, H. (1985). Computers in Classrooms: A Quasi-Experiment in Guided Change. Final Report.
Rubin, A. D. (1980). Making stories, making sense. Language Arts, 57(2), 285-298.
- Cohen, M., & Riel, M. (1989). The effect of distant audiences on students’ writing. American Educational Research Journal, 26, 143-159.
- Kurland, D. M. (1983). Educational Software Tools: Designing a Text Editor for Children. Technical Report No. 8.
Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association (Montreal, Canada).
- Levin, J. A., Boruta, M. J., & Vasconcellos, M. T. (1983). Microcomputer-based environments for writing: A writer’s assistant. Classroom computers and cognitive science, 219-232.
- Levin, J. A., Riel, M. M., Rowe, R. D., & Boruta, M. J. (1985). Muktuk meets Jacuzzi: Computer networks and elementary school writers. The acquisition of written language: Response and revision, 160-171.
- Miller-Souviney, B. (1985). Computer supported tools for expository writing: One computer — twenty-eight kids. Master of Arts thesis, University of California, San Diego.
- Riel, M. M. & Levin, J. A. (1985). Learning with interactive media: Dynamic support for students and teachers. Laboratory Report 4. LCHC, University of California, San Diego.
- Riel, M., & Nagy, A. L. (1983). Investigating the System of Development: The Skills and Abilities of Dysphasic Children. LCHC, University of California, San Diego.
- Riel, M. (1983). Education and ecstasy: Computer chronicles of students working together. The Quarterly Newsletter of the Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition, 5, 59-67.
- Riel, M. (1985). The Computer Chronicles Newswire: A functional learning environment for acquiring literacy skills. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 1, 317-337.
- Rubin, A. (1980). Making stories, Making sense. Language Arts, 57, 285-298.
- Rubin. A. & Bruce. B. (1984, February). Quill: Reading and writing with a microcomputer (Reading Education Report No. 48). Cambridge, MA: Bolt Beranek nnd Newman Inc.
- Quinn, C. N., Mehan, H., Levin, J. A., & Black, S. D. (1983). Real education in non-real time: The use of electronic message systems for instruction. Instructional Science, 11(4), 313-327.
Back to Chapter Seven